Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chicken with Broccoli & Garlic Sauce

We're trying to eat healthier at my house and trying really, really, REALLY hard to eat more vegetables. So this was Friday night's dinner! It was quite delicious! 



Ingredients:

2 teaspoons olive oil     

1 pound boneless, chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces   

1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh minced thyme

1/2 teaspoon salt   

1/4 teaspoon black pepper   

3 garlic cloves, minced

2 cups broccoli, florets     

1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided   

1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch     

2 cups cooked white or brown rice



Directions:

  1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken on a plate and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
  2. Add broccoli to skillet, cover and cook  minutes. Add 1 cup of broth, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
  3. In a cup, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth; add to skillet. Simmer until mixture thickens, stirring constantly, about 1 minute; serve over rice. 
Don't forget, enter my $25 Target Giftcard giveaway
Get your entries in. It ends 4/23/11.

13 comments:

recoveringworkaholic said...

im from I love my Online Friends Monday Hop i followed you please follow me back

The Crafty Crystal said...

That looks delicious! I also love those homemade doggie treats! I may have to try and make some for my little pickengese :)

I'm a new follower from Follow Us Monday Morning...hope you'll check out my blog as well @ http://www.thecraftycrystal.blogspot.com

~Crystal :)

NANCY said...

Yum, gonna try that this week!

Following you from "I love My Online Friends" and hope that you'll follow me back! Have a great day!

Nancy

http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com/

Kathy Detweiler said...

Sounds yummy. I've never been able to master cooking Chinese food.
New follower from the blog hop, hope you'll follow me back :)
http://fulltimeadventure.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello
All these blogs are making me hungry! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm now following your adorable blog back. Have a great week as well ;-)
Tiffany

Summer said...

Great blog!
I'm following from the Not So Moody blog hop!
Check me out when you get the chance:
Carolina Summer

Unknown said...

Hi ! Found you on the I Love My Online Friends Monday Hop!
Giggle, Laugh, Cry

Tammilee said...

Hi
I am a new fan from the blog hop.
I blog at www.tammileetips.com
I hope you will stop by for a visit.
Tammilee

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

New follower from the hop ~ would love a follow back!

Danielle said...

new follower from fun tuesday hop
http://ocfobsessedcookbookfanatic.blogspot.com/

Would Like To Be a Yummy Mummy said...

Hi, I am your newest follower. Love the look of your blog. Feel free to check out mine at http://wouldliketobeayummymummy.blogspot.com :-)

Jewels For Hope said...

oh that looks soo good!

New follower- really like your blog.
have a great day!
Stevie

Unknown said...

This looks delicious and my kids love chicken and broccoli, so thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower. I found your blog through "barefoot, trying to get pregnant & in the kitchen." I hope you'll get a chance to follow back at www.dreamplanlive.blogspot.com

Lyric
{Dream.Plan.Live.} is now on Facebook!