Yesterday was kinda rough. Just over-all stressful. The “higher-up” wanted to test out some new, assessment software in my classroom yesterday and there were a few kinks. I was prepared but “others” were not (even after I tried to make sure they were prepared.) In the end, it just left me really cranky with a bad headache. A headache which turned into nausea so yesterday, instead of going grocery shopping, I came home from work, napped and then ate half of a frozen pizza. It was pretty much a wasted day.
Today was a bit better. No headache but I had the shakes. Starbucks messed up my coffee and it was too late to turn back when I noticed it. Needless to say, since I take my thyroid meds in the morning, I already was full of energy and the coffee they gave me, must have contained 50 cups of sugar. Not sure why I still drank it but I did and I felt like bouncing off the walls of my classroom all day.
Things are a little stressful around school as well. Next week is our school variety show and I (along with 2 other co-workers) are the producers. So of course, we’ve been running around making sure everything is ready. We’re doing a circus theme and the show is called Big Top Talents. The décor is coming out pretty cute and the acts are pretty amazing. Our kids work really hard and I’m hoping everything runs smoothly. Here is a sample of the clipart we’re using for our large decorations. Aren’t they cute? We enlarged them with an overhead project and our students are coloring them in bright and bold oil pastels. I can't wait to display them around our auditorium.
With that being said, when I came home tonight, I needed sugar. Well, something sweet to eat. I checked my pantry and had butterscotch chips and oatmeal. So why not make Oatmeal Butterscotchies?!?! This is one of my husband’s favorite cookies. Before I started making these, he told me about his grandmother’s butterscotch oatmeal cookies and how delicious they were. I had no way of getting her recipe and probably wouldn’t have been able to make it just like her. Grandmas have their own way of making things taste extra delicious and I knew I wouldn’t be able to compete. However, after playing around with a few recipes, I found one of my own. They were a hit and my husband gobbles them up whenever I make them. It’s a great cookie if you’re looking for something without chocolate. I personally could eat chocolate every single minute of every single day and never get sick of it. However, my husband is a little pickier and prefers flavors of butterscotch, white chocolate or caramel flavored baked goods. I’ll take it all though! ;)
Oatmeal Butterscotchies
(kinda like Grandma used to make!)
Ingredients
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips
Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, white sugar and brown sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and the butterscotch chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I prefer to line them with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown.












13 comments:
I love butterscotch! Cookies look wonderful, I will have to try this.
- new follower
Those look awesome! Yummy. I am your newest follower from Wired Wednesday. I hope to see you soon at crunchyfrugalista.com
Yummy! I love these cookies!
Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)
Newest follower! Do you mind following me and joing my hop. You have a nice site! http://sweetcalifornialiving.blogspot.com/2011/04/travel-blog-hop.html
Those look really yummy! :) I'm a new follower from the hop! I'd love it if you can stop by and follow my blog too! I also wanted to invite you to our new hop! It’s Super Stalker Sunday and it’s posted already because this is week one and we are trying to get the word out! Please stop by and linkup when you get a moment! Happy Wednesday!
April
http://greenmissionmama.blogspot.com
Those look YUMMIE!
Your newest blog follower, from wed blog hop
Would love to invite you to my blog
mamawannasave.com
Blessings
Linda
These cookies sounds delicious as do some of your earlier recipes you have posted. I'm now following you via GFC. :)
[stopping by from Home Sweet Farm]
Melissa from Craftyfusion
Hi,
I am a new follower. Those look absolutely yummy!!! Can't wait to read more of your blog. Have a nice day!
Morela
http://myview-finder.blogspot.com
http://addsomechaos.blogspot.com
http://ihearttoys.etsy.com
Those look so yummy!
I found your blog with a blog hop and am now following you on FB, TWitter, GFc & NB. I'd love it if you could stop by http://moneysavvymichelle.com and follow me back. Thanks and have a great week!
Hi there. :) Great blog! Wow...those cookies look TOO good! :D
Newest follower via GFC from the It's Almost Friday blog hop. Would love a follow back! :)
The Kid Is Rich
http://www.thekidisrich.blogspot.com/
Educating kids and teens in making money and running a business.
They look really good. Cookies are my favorite sweet! I came over from the blog hop and I was already following thru GFC so this time I followed your Twitter, Facebook and Networked Blogs. I would love a follow back on all three and if you were'nt following thru GFC that would be awesome! Have a great weekend!
Mary@http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com
I would have never have thought to use butterscotch in cookies! I'm a new GFC follower from So Followed Saturday. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com
I love butterscotch and these cookies look so yummy and really easy to make! :)
Post a Comment