Saturday, April 2, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes


 Today is/was finally here: My husband’s 33rd birthday! 
Of course, we used his new smoker to smoke ribs and I made corn bread muffins and potato salad. I’ll post those recipes later. We literally ate the day away.

The highlight of his night though was his birthday treat. Being a simple guy, when I asked him what kind of treat he wanted me to bake for him, he said Snickerdoodle cupcakes. So I baked them…and they came out quite delicious. 
I used Bakerella’s recipe for the cupcake and for the frosting, I found a delicious Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting recipe by My Baking Addiction that she originally used with Pumpkin Cupcakes. I must say, this is the best frosting recipe everrrrr! Brian can be picky about frosting and he thought this one was perfect! 

Hop on over to Bakerella and MyBaking Addiction in case you’ve never visited those blogs before and explore a little, too. I’m sure you’ll be quite impressed and in awe of such wonderful recipes and cute ideas.

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes by Bakerella
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup milk, room temperature

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Line regular and miniature cupcake trays with paper liners.
  • In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
  • In a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium for about 2 minutes.
  • Add eggs, one at a time and mix until combined.
  • Add vanilla and mix until combined.
  • Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar in three additions. Alternate with milk in two additions.
  • Fill baking cups about 3/4 full.
  • Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
  • Remove cupcakes from trays and let cool.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting by My BakingAddiction
Ingredients
2 (8) ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar
1 TBS ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Method
Using a mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese together until well combined. Gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Finally mix in vanilla and cinnamon.

30 comments:

Jeannette said...

Oh my goodness - those cupcakes look unbelievable! I'm following you from MBC. Come over and link up for our weekend blog hop at http://myadventureinmommyhood.blogspot.com/2011/03/finding-new-friends-weekend-blog-hop.htmlk. It's a great way to get more traffic for your site. Look forward to seeing you there!

Anonymous said...

I love snickerdoodles!!! This sounds so YUMMY!

Joy said...

Love your blog. I usually blog about a lot of recipes and I can't wait to read all of yours! I'm now following you! =)
http://joy-southernsocialite.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ohh - do they sound delicious! And I noticed that you got the frosting recipe from My Baking Addiction -(she's a local gal - from my home town).

Wanted to stop by and thank you for hopping by at Buzz By Sunday at WynnieBee's. I'm now following Berk's Girl as a GFC and by Twitter : D Also entering your giveaway too.

Happy Blogging!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cupcakes! I wish I could get one! (smile) Following you from the Blog Hop! Hope your hubby had a great birthday!

Miriam
http://productjunkiemama.blogspot.com

Running, Loving, Living said...

I am new follower from the blog hop. Check my blog out at www.runninglovingliving.com.
Those cupcakes look awesome!!

Unknown said...

Hi, stopping by from the UBP party. I love cupcakes as evidenced by my own baking blog. These looks so yummy! I love anything that includes cinnamon.
-Jackie

Just Wedeminute said...

Hi, I found you on the MOM Blog Monday hop and wanted to say HI! Cute blog!!!
If you get a chance stop by and introduce yourself at http://wedemeyerfamily.blogspot.com/

Happy birthday Brian! Yum, anything by Bakerella HAS to be good.

Lolly Jane said...

those.look.divine!! (: happy birthday to your hubby!!

new follower from tara's hop, glad we stopped by. come say hello soon! (:

kelli & kristi
www.lollyjane.com

Unknown said...

dropping by from UBP11!

the hubs & i love snickerdoodles & cupcakes, so these are a definite must try!

i would love it if you linked this & any other recipe up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com

Krisztina Clifton said...

OMG! Those look so good!!!!

Quirky Homemaker said...

Hi there! These sound amazing!!! I'm following you now from a Monday hop. I'll definitely have to check out those other blogs too! Thanks for posting,
Michelle
http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

I love cupcakes!

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes look delish! I am going to have to visit this blog more often. :) I'm stopping by from the MBC blog hop. If you get a chance please stop by my blog and check it out. www.centsationalsaver.com

Leontien said...

Van harte Gefeliciteerd!!!

=

Happy Birthday in Dutch!!!

the cupcakes look lovely and yes i would love for you to come over and check out my blog...

Thanks
Leontien

annies home said...

those cupcakes sound awesome come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

annies home said...

forgot to say I was a new follower of yours come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

ooooh yum and decorated so prettily! Thanks for sharing!

Villa Bisono said...

amazing cupcakes....Happy Belated bday. Following now, hope you follow back.

xoxo

www.villa-bisono.com

Amanda said...

Those cupcakes sound yummy!

Following from MBC.

jessica said...

We LOVE snickerdoodles...and what a better way to enjoy them than cupcakes!! I will have to try them out!
I am a new follower from Tuesdays Blog Hop!
Check out mine:
http://thevelveteenrabbitblog.blogspot.com/

Desi said...

I saw these linked up over at Mangia Mondays and they look soooo good! MMM cinnamon cream cheese frosting! I am your newest follower :)

Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

sskcraftshop @ Hooks, Needles and Brushes said...

yummm...New follower... hope you can follow me on
Below are my blogs:
http://seemask.blogspot.com
http://potspansandspices.blogspot.cm
http://cakes4ralloccasion.blogspot.com/
http://winagiveaway.blogspot.com
FB:http://www.facebook.com/pages/httpssk-craftshopcom/113509458669529
Twitter:@sskcraftshop

Unknown said...

New follower via Good Friends Just Click. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-290-blog-hops.html

heidi said...

New follower from GFJC would love a follow back at http://blog.concertkatie.com

Deborah Ann said...

Hi! Followed you on the blog hop trail. Hoping you'll follow me back, as I only follow those who return the favor.

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

P.S. Please leave a comment, so I know it was you!

Catrina said...

newest follower :)

Heather said...

Those look SO good! I'm debating making them right now!

I'm following you now, I hope you'll swing by and check out my blog!

http://bubbamack.blogspot.com

cennywenny said...

A) Your cupcakes look amazing!
B) You have a lovely blog, I'm so glad I found you via MBC; and
C) Our husbands have the same birthdays!

So of course the universe meant for me to be your GFC follower:) Like I said, I'm glad to have found you, and you're welcome at my blog, Griffin's Feathered Nest, anytime!

Cerina said...

New follower! I LOVE to bake cupcakes and treats too!! I have a baking blog (www.mainesweetspot.blogspot.com) as well as my mommy/life blog...www.mainepowermom.blogspot.com. Looking forward to reading!